Friday, August 24, 2012

The Refreshing Truth


Last Saturday I had my haircut. Well my cousin forced me, tortured (not really) me, and came to the point of no return, inside the Bench-FIX in Robinsons Galleria.

As they cut my not-so-long hair, I'm really at the point of holding grudges not on my cousin but on the hairstylist for not listening to what I said. And the thought of wanting to learn witchcraft and black magic suddenly came out of the blue just as to take revenge on that hairstylist.

But anyway, that's not the point here. The point is I HATE MY HAIRCUT and I ABSOLUTELY HAVE A BAD ONE! 

At first my classmates (not all of them), who haven't seen me with a short hair, were shocked and asked me these questions:

"Kailan ka nag-pagupit?" (When did you take a haircut?")
"Buti nag-pagupit ka?" (I don't know how to translate it but it's like asking... "Why did you take a haircut?")

Of course, I would naturally say that I didn't want to take a haircut, that my cousin forced me. And then they were saying to take of my bonnet (the one I lost yesterday) when I am wearing it. Then they say,

"Bagay mo naman! Tanggalin mo na bonnet mo!"
("Your haircut suits you! Take off your bonnet already!")

but I know that my hairstyle is as ugly as that hairstylist who cut my hair. What I really don't like is for them to say that it suits me, bagay ko siya, ok naman siya... It's like why do they have to say those? To make me feel better? Is it because they don't like my hair long? I know some of them (I won't assume that all of them) think that my hair looks really funny right now. It made me really feel HORRIBLE.

Tiru and Sherlyn told me a while ago that my hair looks bad. I mean they even told me to look at the mirror. I did. That made me feel better. People saying to me that my haircut is bad when it really is. It refreshed me. It somehow made me a little bit confident because now I know that I am not the only one who thinks of it as that. And even though I know that even the two don't like my hair long, at least they know where I am most confident of myself instead of forcing me to take a freaking haircut and risk making me feel bad for the rest of the first semester.

The lesson:
If your friend looks really horrible, like lets say his/her hair, tell them. And stop telling people what suits them because you don't know what they feel on those certain things. You might (like in my case) make that person feel really bad.

P.S. I don't like people forcing me to take haircuts, seriously, it's MY freaking hair! I do whatever I want with it! I'll take a haircut whenever I feel like taking one. You have your own, unless you are bald then you have to wait for it to grow... If it still grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...